Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The End Of the World!

It was the end of the world as we knew it!  This morning at 6AM there was a loud boom that shook our house.  We launched out of bed and Casey shouted at me to go get Taylor.  "Did you hear that?"  Well, of course I heard it!  (You know when you are that perplexed, sometimes you just say the darnedest things!)  Anyway, I went through the house in the darkest maze and felt around for Taylor.  By then, Casey had gone outside.  I followed barefoot with Taylor in arms to see what was going on.  A few neighbors were outside disturbed and hypothesizing what in the world was that strange thing that woke them and why was the power out and such and then one of the neighbors said that a car alarm went off too.  Well, Casey called 911 to tell them about the loud boom that knocked the power off and they confirmed that something had happened and that the cops were already out in our neighborhood.  Well, thank goodness!  What would we do with a toddler in the wee hours in the dark with no power?  JK!  We got a flash light and he entertained himself while we brushed our teeth and pulled clothes on.  How were we going to have coffee and such?  It was the end of the world!  What in the world was it like in the old days?  I laugh!  We are so spoiled these days, with TV, Internet, news at the drop of a hat, coffee machines and everything electric.  That was something we were already thinking about... Oh no, the refrigerator!  How long would the power go out?  Anyway, the police and Casey all came to the conclusion that a transformer blew near our house.  No big deal!  So now we just laugh.  Well, we got dressed, but I couldn't do my makeup (scary!) and we drove to breakfast.  We went to a great truck stop and ate until our buttons burst.  Okay, that was Taylor.  He was in his cowboy boots and wranglers and well, I think we need to get him the next size up.  Poor guy.  That gut on him is just huge!  That was our morning tale.  Power is back on, obviously!  Hope you all have a great Sunday!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment