Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Earth Day at Balboa Park


We had a long day, that is for sure! It was too bad daddy couldn't be there he would have enjoyed himself! He is away today competing in LA at a big meet. We make sure to keep real busy when he is away so we have tons to tell him when he comes home. Today, not very unusual, but busy none the less. We walked to Balboa Park where there were booths packed everywhere with people in support of Earth Day. We saw cars fueled by wierd things... hybrid vehicles... religious groups recycling goods and wanting to promote peace and such... mommy groups in support of clean environment and cloth diapers... holistic moms... many hippies were there and some walked around with baskets of burning sage. Lots of tye-dyed shirts were being sold... We saw a booth for Goth people supporting the environment... that was fun! We were excited to see booths to register voters... EXCELLENT! Lots of agriculture and local farmers there promoting healthy eating and community involvment. There was lots of food and bands everywhere you went. People dressed up as mimes, I think, there were some belly dancers, lots of dogs in strollers, (and on leashes). A variety of everything! I LOVED IT!!! Taylor had tons of fun too! I almost got his face painted but oh well, there will be that to look forward to in the future. Hope you like our pics! We are going to sign off here and do some research on building a compost pile... toodles...

1 comment:

  1. How did I not know that was going on, I so would have been there. What a great day. How did Casey do at his meet?

    ReplyDelete