Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

I LOVE our garden!

I have learned a lot from gardening, yes, and I am glad I got into it!  My children love it too!  Tending to it is fun and eating it is really good!  We love it!  Yes, I need more variety and am learning what to do and not to do, but for now I am so very content with what we have!  
The romaine lettuce grows easy here and it is great in sandwiches and salads!  It has been easy to get my son to eat salads at home considering he has picked and washed his own food.  He loves that!  The peas are also easy to grow and have started flowering and producing pods.  This morning we tried one and it was HEAVENLY!  I was shocked at the sweetness!  Here is a picture of the pods.

The one we ate was slightly larger and it had 4 peas in it.  I told Taylor it was like the pea pod on Toy Story 3 where the peas are plush toys that play inside Mr. Potato Head.  He thought it was funny that we had some of those to eat.  Reagan even liked it.  I am going to wait to get more to add to a salad or if there aren't many maybe I will just snack out there.  

This is the beginning of some green beans which I planted a couple weeks ago.  I am anxious to see how they grow and how they taste!  Organic gardening sure does produce different quality than that in the grocery store!  What a difference!  I want to try cherry tomatoes and squash, but have decided to hold back now that I am getting in the hot summer and am pregnant!  I will be ready to plant for the fall and be excited to see what we can do then when I can move about easier without the bulge!  Anyway, happy Sunday, looks like I will have an easy dinner tonight.  Maybe we will have baked potatoes with rosemary and garlic from the garden and a salad.  Nice and easy!  Just the way I like it!  Aaaahhhh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment