Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

A delicious and filling pasta salad...

Olive and Feta Pasta Recipe

Ingredients:

1 cup cooked spiral pasta (1/2 cup dry) {Rainbow pasta makes this look much prettier!}
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 clove chopped garlic
1 cup cucumber, cut in half lengthise, then sliced into 1/4 inch pieces (optional)
1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper and green pepper too...
1 6 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
2 tbsp canned black olives, chopped (I used much more than this!)
1 15.5 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 lemon, juiced (2-4 Tablespoons)
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (I used a whole tub of this maybe 6-8 oz., I don't know.)
salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:

In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, cucumbers, red peppers, artichokes, olives, and cooked pasta. Add beans and gently mix.
Add lemon juice and olive oil. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. If time permits, let sit for 1 hour. (You could use italian dressing instead if you wanted.) The longer it sits, the better it tastes!!!

Sprinkle with feta cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment