Robyn ~ Okay, so I want all of your thoughts... we have bats that fly all around our backyard, and to make a long story short, today at a wild-bird store Case saw some bat houses... the question is, do we put up bat houses high in the trees??? Pro's: they eat the bugs... Con's: gross!
1. I don't know how big your yard it, but if you have a place in a back corner where you don't go often, that is a good place. They eat a phenomenal amount of mosquitoes, which is a VERY good thing around here. But I agree, they are not what you love to have hangin' out, but if you aren't out at night a lot than it isn't a big deal.
2. I think it might be kind of cool. I don't like bats flying by my head, but if they are above you or across the yard, they probably won't bother you.
3. They are kinda cool and are great for getting rid of the bugs, but they crap everywhere and maaaannn does it smell bad!!
4. Do it. Just do it up high. Maybe you'll get bit! Vampires are cool!! Just kidding about the getting bit part. I think if it's up high and away from where you usually hang you'll be fine.
5. I say go for it!
6. If the bats are there already...might as well welcome them.







Tibbz, you crack me up as always!
ReplyDeleteMiss you Anna my friend, glad you still laugh at my craziness!
ReplyDelete