Well, Taylor, as always, made us laugh tonight when he came out of his room to inquire about the medicine we gave Reagan. "You said it would help her sleep, mom, well... I can't sleep, so..." "No son, the medicine was for her cough." Out walks Reagan from the room, considering if there is something going on, she has to be there. "Mom," Taylor says, "I can't sleep and I am so tired even in the morning I don't know what to do, nothing works." Taylor had already told me that his throat hurt a little hoping he would get some medicine too. But what he really thought the meds were for was for sleeping and he wouldn't lay up! Casey, matter-of-factly told me that I should just give him a placebo. So, considering the genius of his idea I whipped up my NyQuil Placebo. A medicine cup with white grape juice and water mixed with red food coloring. I filled it to the top and since I didn't want it to spill I gave some of it to him in a syringe and the rest in the drinking medicine cup. Would you know he was out in less than 5 minutes. I wonder if tomorrow he asks for that same medicine?
In other news, Taylor is going to be entering in his first kids run. It is a 1/4 mile so tonight, we started training. We did some stretches before our run, I taught him how to feel his pulse, we did some more stretches and I taught him to run quietly instead of sloppy and loud. I tried to teach him how to have correct breathing and after listening to him in through the nose, out through the mouth a couple times I told him if he continued to do it so fast he was going to hyperventilate! He appreciated the coaching and said his knees didn't hurt as much and he really liked running! There were some people out on their driveway and they yelled at Taylor and told him how great of a runner he was! Impressive! He loved it! I had to tell him at one point to not sit down when he was tired but to walk it off and he, well, let's just say, he was tired! Too cute though! I can't wait for him to participate in his first run and get his own t-shirt and entry number! I love it! I can't wait to take pictures either! Sorry for the lack of entries as of late. My camera has died and I haven't remembered to plug it in. I will take video's of the kids and update with pictures soon. All else is well!
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







How exciting! I wish I were there. I bet his Daddy is proud and you should put a little cheerleading skirt on Reagan and have her wave pom poms for her big brother. This is just too much fun. I remember putting Sam in his first triathlon when he was about 8 years old sponsored by Wonder Bread. Make sure you tell him proud I am of him!! Go Taylor Go. Love Grammie Cheryl
ReplyDeleteI'm so using the placebo idea!!
ReplyDeleteAnd way to go, Taylor! I hope he does great on his run!