While I was hesitant to read this book because it isn't light reading... The language is not typical of what I normally read, I am glad that I read this book. First, because it is a classic, but secondly, because it is of suffering, love, family obligations, and such. I find it hard to enjoy most of the characters really, because they are almost all narcissistic in one way or another. They pride themselves in obliging most effortlessly in things of so little importance in life and it is tiring to no end and most annoying, that their characters never evolve to excite me! Only Anne, who is undoubtedly the heroine, is refreshing and real! She is constantly surrounded by habitual selfish men and women alike whom she esteems yet directs in her quiet way. She is alluring and beautiful from within and most honest and I loved to watch how she participated in each chapter of her journey throughout the book. I would have loved to have read more of the life which awaited her in the end, but am satisfied with how the book closes. Be sure to read this book and read it's criticisms as well as it's positive reviews.
NOTE: I suppose I have lived a dramatic life enough where I do not find vanity and hypochondria entertaining. I am drawn to Annes navigation through all the drama and am glad that she draws strength in her friends! For it is almost unbearable to not have those in whom you can reflect and draw inspiration and encouragement from!
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment