Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Sea World, San Antonio

Here we are all dressed for Sea World, not knowing what to expect.  My rule for the day was:  NO MOPING!  NONE WHATSOEVER!  I was tired of sadness, anger, disorganization here, and just plain DONE!  So, we decided to check it out.  We got there and didn't have the much needed sunblock.  Oops!  I learned my lesson real quick!  We located bathrooms and left the portable fans in the car, another Oops! I brought bathing suits, but really had no idea what to expect.  People come in their bathing suits and cover ups and don't wear clothes.  Oh, okay.  Well, they dress their kids in water shoes and bathing suits and attached to Sea World is a water park BUT, this is the big BUT... there is a limit to how many people enter this water park so there is a sign outside it to let you know if you are welcome or not.  Okay, well, we don't have to worry about that, thank goodness.  We found though that I should take many more snacks and probably gatorade due to the sweltering heat!  I should have brought towels and doubly checked that everyone had the RIGHT shoes.  Taylor's shoes gave him blisters or something I had to push him in the stroller by the end.  Trent fell asleep in the ERGO and I was hot!  We had a blast in the water park area, but I was so jealous that I didn't have a suit on to get wet.  Well, I got a little wet trying to exit because some of the kids like to sit on these water jets that just squirt water out of the ground floor and when they get up they just explode water everywhere.   This spooked Trent and got him wet which was good since he was hot!  I had wished before that I had had my camera with me but in the end, I am glad that I didn't have it!  Taylor went on some roller coasters all by himself.  I really wanted to go with him, but I couldn't really have Reagan watch her baby brother!  Taylor loved the independence and can't wait to take anyone again to see how cool it all is!  I think there were many other rides for him but we didn't even get through half the park.  We ate pizza and I got some frozen lemonade for the kids and then we ate some roasted carrots that I brought.  It was all so peaceful when out of the sky came rain, slowly at first and then it POURED!  I had Taylor and Reagan scramble in the stroller and it was heavy, but I tried to run, while wearing Trent, and pushing a 50lb child with a 25lb child.  I felt wonderful getting wet, but really I was going to have to put sopping wet children in the dry car.  It sure was funny!  Trent was asleep and remained asleep during all of this until I had to unsnap him and quickly put him in the car.  Then he got soaked and was so upset I had dared disturb him!  Sorry!  Anyway, it was a good time to leave and the kids all slept very well for naps that day!  We can't wait to go back! 

We are all wet and tired!  Oh boy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, San Antonio is MORE THAN HOT. It is DEADLY HOT.

    ReplyDelete