Monday, November 2, 2009
Just to rant...
Well, I have to rant about something. I have visited some local churches, yes, church shopping still, and it creeps me out that you don't even fill out a visitor card and they hunt you down because they don't know your kid. Anyway, before I caught wind of what these churches were doing I was filling out all the things they ask you on your child's registration form. Normally it is all standard procedure. Well, I have been called, emailed, mailed, and visited by all churches thus far and tonight I was visited by one of the same churches!!! Taylor was stripped down upstairs and my doorbell rang, twice. I thought it could only be my neighbor, why would they ring twice. I ran down and told Taylor to wait and hold his tooth brush... Well, it was 2 older gentlemen and they were making a 2nd visit. Why the first visit wasn't enough, I don't know. I told them that I had already been visited and that my son was waiting upstairs... that didn't matter. They asked me when I was saved and I told them it was a long time ago to which they replied not very long ago since I was merely a child. Okay... Well, I told them that I explained all this before to which they said well they would update their notes and then come back another time when my husband was home. Oh I forgot that they asked to come into my home. I said that my husband was deployed (they asked Iraq? I said yes, I know I lied! Sorry!) he wasn't going to be home anytime soon! Really, how many times are they to visit you??? Is it until you become member of their church??? They asked if I had been back and I said I was new to the area and still church shopping. You don't need to return to a church if it wasn't for you, come on! Whatever... I have been all over the country and have visited too many churches to know that if you didn't like the church you can find another one that suits you. Whatever. Anyway, they apparently took notes after I talked to them last time (different 2 men) because they knew I was pregnant it was in the notes they had with them. I didn't write that in the children's registration form for Taylor. Ergh!!! If they visit me again I am going to go mad. I feel like if I am going to visit a church, I should have someone watch Taylor so that I can avoid all this mayhem! The churches around here (not all) stalk you I guess for more numbers... I don't know. I know I could be possibly over-reacting, but, this is the second visit and they said that they wanted to come back again... Um NO! I give up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Hey - at least they are interested in you and your family! Matt and I have been to 4 churches in the last few years and not one - not even one - has even called us! Much less come by! I would welcome a visit! We have only received letters saying - "please call us if we can do anything for you". It has totally kept us turned off by church. I think it shows care and concern when people from the church actually come by to get to know you! I can rant and rave about this too! Praise God you live in an area that the churches are active and the members (or staff) are really taking it to the streets! I hope you do find where God wants you to be. I love you so much! Miss that precious little guy bunches and bunches!
ReplyDelete