Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Aiken Makin Craft Festival & Food!


I know that I am a bit behind and some of what I will be posting will be out of order, but i digress... Sometimes I am so tired that posting just doesn't seem relaxing and I would rather veg out! What a complainer I sound like! Anyway, this was a fun festival and they had some good food! Casey had to work that weekend with the Paralympic Committee in a local Y disabled camp. Taylor missed his daddy but was so distracted by the horse and the other animals there that it didn't matter! We wanted to get a funnel cake but they were so doggone big that I couldn't see wasting it! They had some really nice stained glass and wood workers as well as potters and jewelry crafters there. There were quilts and such and Christmas ornaments. It was a blast! All the people watching made for some interesting sights!!! I even saw a hairless dog! Strange! They had face painters there but I don't know how well that would have gone so we skipped that. The town is in South Carolina and just a short drive really up the highway. What a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment