Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Updates from GA.



Both of these pictures give you a pretty clear picture of how our day went!  The truck came later than I thought!  They came and couldn't figure how to position the truck, my goodness. We waited for them to turn it around in the cul-de-sac and they ran into the mailbox.  Hmmm.  Oops!  Then they made a huge mess of things and while I was supposed to be inside writing down the box numbers Taylor was wanting to get down from my back.  I was everywhere and nowhere all at once... Each person was calling me to and fro and I had to hurry back to make sure I logged the numbers to ensure I received all of our belongings.  I finally did put Taylor down and he found things to get into right away.  It was manageable for a bit, then Taylor climbed on the couch and fell right off and started screaming!  I came as fast as I could but the guys with dollies had to wait while I calmed my child so that I could log the boxes.  That was pretty much how it went.  Stop and go and wait.  Once I fed Taylor a snack things should have got better, but he was so tired and then he wanted to go out in front to see all of the things come down from the truck.  All of the doors to the house were wide open so it was pretty much, "No, Taylor, stay here, Taylor" and well you can imagine.  He wasn't happy at all!  Then he saw his car-car and his tricycle.  He stood at the back door (since I kept trying to close all the doors to conserve energy, keep the flies out, and keep my child in) and screamed and cried some more.  I felt horrible!  He didn't get a nap and the guys left close to 5PM.  It was a long day and we were exhausted!  The guys did a real bang-up job and I have got to make claims on a lot of items!  They ran into walls, dropped things upstairs that made the house shake and well, you get the picture.  At least I have my stuff!  Sigh!  I got through it and even had wine and read a book at the end of the day, so, all is good!  I can't wait to show you all my new home!!!  We just love it!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment