Seems like the time goes by so fast and I am behind, behind, behind in getting pictures and updates out! Lately, I haven't been at the computer much because well, first we got this nasty virus on the computer which had a major impact on most of our software. Warning!!! We got this virus through Facebook. Caution to all of you Facebook users. Anyway, we were out a computer for a couple of days and miserable so we went out and bought a brand new Mac computer. Now all of our problems are solved! It is great! We are getting schooled on how to use some of the programs that we are unfamiliar with by all of our friends. It is great with blogging and email and keeping Casey and I organized! I hope to put together better blog entries and well, I am still playing with the applications so give me time. Anywho, with the new Mac, we are anxious to start chatting with friends and family using our web-cam. If you have an AOL account I think we can chat with you so hopefully we will get that going soon too.
Casey, has a new job. He is so super busy that he comes home later and is surprisingly more tired than when he was training physically for the Paralympics! He loves what he is doing to so that is wonderful to hear updates from him about all of the things he is doing. Officially, he is the go-to-guy at the hospital for the Disabled Warrior Athlete Program. He leaves the house every morning while it is still dark and rides his bike to work. He is always setting up meetings with and coordinating field activities with the guys at the hospital. He routinely participates in some of the activities set up for the veterans like surfing, spin class, kayaking, golf, running, wheel chair basketball and so on. He loves all of that! He will be participating in a 5K this week with the hospital and hopefully T and I will be participating too! Casey is really networking and meeting a lot of people in the disabled world/adaptive sports arena. I will update you more as I come to a greater understanding of Casey's role in the program.
T is 15 months on Monday. He is walking and wants so much independence it is funny! We laugh at our Stroller Strides exercise class about not being a blanket mom anymore. I am now required to have my cell phone or a walkie-talkie in order to have any conversations since I have to chase after T and tell him not to get to close to that squirrel or don't climb on that or here go climb on that but give mommy your hand... T is still in cloth diapers and so there is more of an effort now days with trying to keep him dry at night since he drinks so much bath water at night right before bed. We have recently purchased a kid seat for him to sit on the potty right before bed. He doesn't pee every time on it but if he pees, great and it is less pee in the diaper. He signs to Casey and I and loves it when we understand what he is saying. He now signs: Please, thank you, water, juice, hungry, eat, bath, cracker, all done, up, down, more, daddy, brush teeth, airplane, home, car, drive, muscles "guns", milk, and play. He can say cracker but only if we have said it first because he has signed it. We love it as do all of the other moms because now we can socialize with the kids and they are less frustrated.







0 comments:
Post a Comment