Our new backyard.
Because Taylor likes to make goofy faces, JUST LIKE HIS DAD!
We all love this swing! It is so relaxing!
They all take turns swinging and it is a great feature that came with the house.
Here is Missy... A little hot.
He loves to sit in your lap and swing!
Our new trampoline.
We are inventing games and playing and exercising all at the same time!
We like to pretend we are fighting... Kind of like Ninja's...
Well, I love this picture, but you have to know that it is getting quite hot here so you are probably going to see a lot of nude pics.
The kids love to find roley polies, and snails and bugs and lizards. I draw the line at bringing them inside though. (Yes, it has been tried.)
Well, most of you know, we are in our new house, and we LOVE it! Case went to an estate sale a couple houses down with Taylor this afternoon to check out the property and see if they might have anything we couldn't live without. We are in the RICH and GLAMOUROUS area of the city, so you never know what might turn up at these things. Anyway, we have been having an absolute ball in the new area, exploring, getting back into nature, exercising, getting a vegetable garden of sorts going, and well, we are so thankful to be here! I just signed the kids up for art camp, and VBS and we have been doing the dreaded church-shopping. We are still organizing and have had to purchase yet again baby proofing locks and gates since we have new handles and hinges everywhere. All of the doors ding so we know if the kids found an unlocked door and escaped to play, and even the cubbard has a lock since my youngest can't stay out of the food. We have met wonderful neighbors, and I will tell you about them as best I can. One guy has two german shepherds that are beautiful, but bark non-stop at us when we are in the back yard. Case thinks he smokes pot and we can't decide if his name is Teri or Perry. Oh well. The family directly across from us is from Mexico and are just darling! I spent almost a good 30 minutes conversing in Spanish with them since they don't speak well in English. They came over and brought us some sparkling wine and some really good cookies from a bakery. Sadly, they lost a daughter 2 years ago and are still grieving. The rest of their family is over all of the time and we count on a regular basis how many cars are out front. Sometimes it is about 15 or more cars. They have the grandmother stay there and the kids come and the grandkids come and they are always out and about. Love it! The neighbors to our right are so sweet and they are with the military, but they are moving within the month so sadly, there will be an empty house there soon. Casey seems to meet the neighbors out front more where I meet people who A)have found one of my kids, B) are walking, -my kids like to say hello to everyone, C) are at the park, -Taylor makes friends and chases the mother's down for their phone number. Still we have yet to canvas the neighborhood for our favorite museum and our favorite bookstore, but we have all summer to do that. We did find a WONDERFUL farmer's Market that we really enjoyed. I hope to do a whole post on it if we go again this Saturday. Nothing disappoints! We are all really excited about life here and we can't wait to share all of our joy with you! Other than that, we have lots of pictures to share and I hope to keep sharing and pick up the pace with the sharing since I have done such a poor job while in school.
That is a beautiful back yard!! Congrats on the house. I'm so glad it's going well. There is a church kinda close to y'all that I hear great things about. It's called "Believers Fellowship." http://www.believers-fellowship.org/ I have some dear friends who go there and they wish they lived as close to it as you do.
ReplyDelete