Hello, from the past... Here we are on 4th of July and we decided to go exploring in a little town up the road from us. Some of you are a bit familiar with this town in a round about way, but we aren't and we decided to look at the things we could possibly do here. We found a GREAT place to feed the ducks and drove by cute little shops and restaurants galore! Knowing though, that we didn't have much time before melt downs, we drove back to a restaurant that had a HUGE, let me repeat HUGE sandbox with playset or playscape times 3 with drawbridges and rock climbing ect. We had to try it out and let the kids play! It was a cute place as was the name: Dog and Pony Grill. It was a hamburger joint and good food that I can remember, but I also remember that you paid for the playscape, meaning that the food was a bit pricey. Anyway, we opted to sit inside next to some fun games that the kids had a kick out of and they had a great time, what fun a great idea it is to play games that cost money... then we can give more of our money to the owners... wow... no, I liked the place, but not for all of the time. Anyway, Taylor had fun outside and Reagan checked it out and then decided she wanted air-conditioning and chairs. She tires easily! Wonderful outing we had, yes, and we had absolutely no plans for the rest of the day except for naps. We had a relatively quiet evening and put the kids to bed since we didn't get any fireworks for the kids this year. We had silly string instead. We had a huge fight outside where we each had our own cans and chased eachother outside. It was a blast! A bonus for us was that it was not so loud! I am still finding it outside though, to this day. (Note to all... pick it up before it dries!) With the kids down, we didn't know what to expect in our new neighborhood out here, but the kids were exhausted. They were in bed by 7:30 and lay there, I guess, and then the fireworks started. Reagan got spooked and started screaming. So, began our explaining that they were just fireworks and I was going to just show them to her. Taylor, having been awoke, was now bright eyed and ready for part II of the evening. He wanted to stand outside considering all the neighborhood kids were on our corner. All the parents had their boxes and boxes of missiles and rockets and screamers, oh my! I held Reagan in her diaper and Taylor informed me that he wanted a chair. Daddy, who remained in the house came to see what we were doing and the rest was history. I think the kids ended up in bed after 10pm, but they had a blast and got upset with us that we didn't buy all of the sparklers and pop-its and whistlers that the neighbors had and that he had remembered us having last year. We were bad parents this year. Anyway, they were in bed and we knew they would be tired so sorry... Kids, I know you will forgive us, and next year we will do better! I promise! It was great fun since we are out away from the city limits and people all around us had boomers and blasters that lit up the sky. Really, we didn't need to spend our own money, we had just as much fun!
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













0 comments:
Post a Comment