Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Last Weekend... Kellogs was here.

Most of you already know that there is a big story with these pictures.  I am sorry to say that I am wiped out and on my way to bed so you will have to wait for that story.  Enjoy the pics and I hope you come back for the whole scoop.

Okay:  The whole scoop.  The Kellogs Co. has shown interest in Casey.  His story is unique in that he is an amputee, a US service member, a Paralympic Track and Field medalist and continues to support the community and volunteer as an ambassador in many areas involving sports and the disabled as well as again, the military.  Anyway, as we are quickly approaching the Olympics as well as Paralympic games, Kellogs has, as an Olympic sponser, chosen to run some footage of Casey.  Whether it is a commercial or a documentary or a sound bite, I am unsure.  It was rather rush rush here and we were swept up in their adgenda that I am unsure what is going to come of all their reality bits of filming here at the house, of the kids and family and such.  We had to sign waivers for all three kids since all were on film.  Anyway, here are pictures that I got of just moments of what was going on, where I was not running with a crying or agitated child.  

They came at 6:30 AM, (yes, we were still in bed... They told Casey and I both seperately 7:30AM, Saturday morning) to shoot morning routine (which DOES NOT normally begin at 6:30AM) and our family having breakfast of none other but Kellogs.  Casey went up to get all 3 kids up and changed their diapers and the crew was waiting down at the bottom of the stairs.  (Really?!)  Okay, so I hid and tried to put some clothes on and get ready to make breakfast, which I didn't think would be Kellogs, but bacon and eggs and pancakes or something with fruit.  I didn't even have time.  They scooped up the kids from Casey and set them down at the table and shot all the kids scooping cereal out of their bowls and Reagan making the biggest mess of milk all over.  I hoped it was believeable, since they asked Taylor on film if he normally eats cereal and he said something like:  "No, my mom doesn't let me because it has too much sugar~"  At least he isn't a liar!

This picture catches the enthusiasm of Taylor who LOVED, did I say LOVED being on camera!  There were so many guys that they sent some out just to play with Taylor while we were interviewing and such.  Reagan and Taylor sat on that ottoman and interviewed just like the Duggar children do for their reality show.  

We had a break for lunch since most of the men had very loud grumbling tummies and they wanted to move on.  There was still equipment like this on the front steps of the house and in the driveway.  

Lunch time for them.  All over the kitchen and outside.  They were nice!

They wanted to play some hoops with a gold medal athlete.  They played horse when they had a minute.  Then when some of the guys came out with Taylor they played other made up games that Taylor wanted to play.  Like:  throw the ball through this and jump backward and clap your hands type of thing.  

I took this right before I took the kids to Walmart to get out of their hair.  We were all exhausted but Taylor was a good boy and I got him some legos so he could play quietly inside while they were supposed to film inside.  When we came home everyone was gone and the gear was packed up.  Casey didn't come home until 6 or 7 PM.  We were pooped and went to bed early and thanked eachother for understanding that we had each had enough!  In all, while they were here we shot a commercial (over and over), Case did a phone interview with CBS, then he did something with a news crew at a track and had to memorize lines.  All I can say is I am sorry for the reality show stars!  We really need an agent!  Ha!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment