I have just found out that Reagan qualifies for the Department of Public Health services in Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy. We have been assigned a case manager and should receive a date to meet in regards to goals and progress that each therapist should try to meet with Reagan.
This is the program that the government provides up till the age of three years old. After that, Reagan may be assessed again. There is a chance that we will be placed with a music therapy program. That would be great! Reagan loves to sing and they have always suggested that music and singing help her vocal cords. We hope to, besides the aimed therapies, have another swallow study done to see if we might take her off the thickened liquids. I hope for positive results from the test. Within the next days or weeks, I will have more updates with this.
0 comments:
Post a Comment