Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

What we've been up to

Hi everyone,
These last few weeks, I have been getting out to run about 4 days a week. I think that it is good to get out and run since I was pretty much a slacker when I was moving! I relaxed a little too much and I got soft!!! Anyway, the neighborhood is hilly and so it has been good strength workouts for me. I haven't really seen many moms out with their kiddos which has been quite sad! I have joined a running website with a local group though called SeeMommyRun. Apparently it is not the thing to do, I mean run or be outside here. The mother that coordinates the runs says that she owned a Baby Bootcamp franchise out here and it went kaput since most of the families around here join the Y. I looked into the Y and am anxious to also join. I would love to take the cycle spin class and the step classes. They watch the kids for 2 hours for free. They also provide swim lesson classes and other classes designed for just kids. Plus, one of the Y's has a water park set up for the kids. I don't know how crowded it is but I am sure I will find out in due time! Yesterday we toured the location closest to us and Taylor wanted to stay in the class where the kids were reading and playing. Great! Looks like he would enjoy himself there! They were blown away that he told me he had to go "pee-pee" and said that because he was out of diapers he would be in the other class closer to the potty. That meant he would be with the older kids! WOW! He loved that! The older kids had a playhouse and a kitchen and tables and chairs... That other stuff is for babies you know like the exer-saucer... Anyway, Case is in Germany right now and should be competing any time now. We are so lucky to have a way to communicate on the computer! I love it! I have to say that it has been quite fun with all of you video chatting on the web! My grandma at home loves to do it and if she can do it there is hardly an excuse! It isn't that hard! Anyway, let's see I still love my home and love being out in the yard! Taylor still loves helping me in the flower beds. I hope to put a feeder out for all of the beautiful cardinals! They are just fun to watch! We have doves and Robin's and some small finches and so we get quite a variety. We still haven't got our furniture in our house (Living Room, I mean) and well, we don't have a dining room set either, haha! I think we should be getting the Living Room set this week. If not it will just be a BUMMER! I still have to paint the kitchen and maybe the living room but I am going to wait for Case to come home for that. Well, I have so much to keep me busy that it is just fantastic! We certainly are not bored! I also have been reading a lot so that is good too! We love our life but we do miss our friends! If any of you would like to move out here to be with us we would love it! Sorry there are no pictures this time around, Casey has the camera with him in Germany. I hope he gets lots of good pictures to share with you! I want to give a shout out to Bonnie Tibbs who has a birthday this week! We miss you Bonnie and hope your studies are going well right now in China!

0 comments:

Post a Comment