Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

America's Finest City 1/2 Marathon




In order for me to prove that I actually ran in this 13.25 race, I have included pics that were taken during the 4 mile point all the way to the finish line. The race was this past Sunday, Aug. 17th which was Taylor's one year birthday. Taylor and Casey were at the finish line excited that I finally finished! It only took me 2 hours 45 minutes. By the end, I was starving, and a little achy in the knees and feet. I am now soar in my quadracept muscles and am slowly recovering. I may have caught the running bug now since I am already ready to train again for another 1/2 marathon in Fresno with my mom. Taylor so far enjoys the training since most of the time he is with me in the stroller while I push. He loves to be outside and he enjoys playing at the playgrounds when I am finished.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I'm impressed. Running and I are not on the best of terms. We just simply cannot agree on how often I should run - it thinks regularly, I think not at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm with Tonya...you're better off running for the both of us.

    How's China!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, way to go, Robyn! That's a great accomplishment. I got the running bug a decade ago, and the farthest I've ever gone was a 10K. You're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete