Sunday, April 1, 2012
I made my own yogurt.
Yeah! I finally made the yogurt. I was nervous it wouldn't work, nervous it would be acidic, nervous it wouldn't get firm, everything! I didn't even have a thermometer. I researched the science behind it and got out my crockpot and used some Dannon vanilla-lime and didn't even add an ounce of sugar. It didn't firm up very well at first so I tenderly carried the swaddled crockpot up to my attic for a couple of hours and voila! It was made and we ate it almost all up in one sitting. Some we added a bit of honey and then I added some jam, just a bit... It was great. The other jar is whey. You know, like from "Little Miss Muffet", eating her curds and whey. I am right now also on an endeavor to make perpetual soup. It is going to help me with meals during the week. I can't wait to taste it and use it. I am saying bye-bye to all store bought broth. I am learning how to use a whole chicken and, get this AND we even ate liver the other day and yes, we loved it. The kids, not so much, but I am going to keep up on it. Next we will look into chickens and goats, just kidding everyone. Well, maybe not. Happy living is great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment