Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Yes, it has been a few weeks... Busy life, I guess!

  There has been a lot going on around here.  Sickness and health, thank-goodness and more sickness, date night, new babysitters, Dr.. visits, always more issues with insurance company and credit agencies.  We are going tomorrow to take part in a Parkinson's Walk with the kids and a group from the Navy.  We got rid of our Facebook accounts and really haven't missed it!  I don't see as many pictures as I used to, but other than that, I have really not had withdrawals!  It was hard to ditch the whole thing initially, but I am over it!
  Let's see, in recent news, Reagan and Taylor both have had Dr.. visits and we have great news for Reagan!  She is almost 7 months and weighs 15 lbs. 15 oz. or it may have been 5 oz.  I don't remember.  Oops!  She is 26 1/2 in. and so far that tracks in at 50% weight and 75% height.  She still hasn't caught up to Taylor's growth scale (weighing 17 lbs. at 2 months), ha ha! but goodness, she is healthy as can be, right where she needs to be and the pediatrician said she is not worried about her heart or anything anymore.  On November 1 she had a tooth on the bottom poke through, but that is all it has been for the last few weeks.  It is sharp and she still acts like she is bothered, but maybe more will emerge.  She is eating great and also right at the beginning of the month, she started sitting up.  This is great, I can sit her on the floor in Taylors room with all of the toys while we play or get ready in the morning for school.  Taylor loves to interact with her and when she went for her visit for vaccinations, he said he would be brave for her.  Sure enough, there he was, coloring on the paper which covers the table you climb up on at the Dr.s office, saying be brave Reagan, it is okay!  Stop crying...
  Taylor had an appointment to see a Gastro-Intestinal Dr.  We are trying to figure out the reason behind Taylor's tummy aches.  Likely story though, right before the visit and even up until today, there haven't been any tummy aches or anything.  We are not allowed to give him any medicine if he complains and just give him sprite, ginger tea, crackers or a microwavable heating pad.  I am glad for all of the instruction since I don't want to give him medicine, I don't know if he is just going for the medicine for attention and we will be happy to find out what all is going on.  Unfortunately, he had to have blood drawn in 4 vials from the vein in his arm.  He looked at it and cried, but didn't move a muscle.  When we got home he had forgotten which arm was poked, so that was good.  They are running tests and I am not sure when we will get answers, but I am to watch out for reactions from what he is eating, like excema, diaper rash, tummy aches, headaches and such because he could have an allergy to something.  We will get to the bottom of this.
  That is all I know for now.      

0 comments:

Post a Comment