Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Monsters

The pediatrician told us about Monster spray, so I googled it. Here is what I found. A mother blogged about her kids needing it and it working. So I had Taylor look at these kids using it and I told him I used it, and well, that we needed to make our own.
We went to the store and Taylor picked out these dreadful looking stickers to put on his monster green squirt bottle. We got puff paint and wrote his name and monster spray contents on the bottle and there you have it. The idea is to spray the bed and around the room where he sees the monster and it will smell the scented oil that we put in the bottle and not want to come around. We used vanilla or something.
Last but not least, I had Taylor tell me what his monster looked like and I tried as best I could to draw it (being a terrible artist) as he told me each detail. If you can't tell, it has a sword, it is BIG, blue, scary, with a big head, big feet with polka dots, and well, as he described it, I thought it was Sully from Monster's Inc. The idea was to make a poster of the monster and stick it on the door so that any monster who wanted to come in would think twice.

So far, we have used it two times and it works but sometimes we have to do a second round. Today, we cleaned out his room of all things scary. Sorry mom, we had to temporarily put away the dragon stuffed animal you got him. We also gave all plastic bugs and scary things to Reagan. Guns and mean animals were also included in the mix. I am hoping that this whole elaborate scheme will rid his room of unwanted scary monsters and we can move on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment